MelbPC — Who Are We?
We are a club of nearly 3,000 members, interested in technology, computers, smartphones and similar. There are many subgroups (SIGs) which meet in various locations, including our headquarters in Moorabbin, other Melbourne suburbs, and a few locations in regional Victoria. The club commenced in 1984, focused on IBM compatible PCs. Today we have much broader interests. Members range from beginner to advanced, we learn from each other, and our motto is: members helping members. Our full name is Melbourne PC User Group Inc. Consider joining.
(Page Down for Events Calendar)
- Home — This webpage
- SIGs (Special Interest Groups) — List, Meetings & contact details, Webpages
- Monthly Meeting — Next & previous, raffle, live streaming
- Services — Mobile phone/data plans, Library, Venue hire, ...
- Members Area: about - Login
- About Us — club rules, Committee, history, ...
- Contact Us — address, phone, building access, map, ...
- Membership — Join the club, or renew your existing membership.
Annual General Meeting (AGM) — Wed 2-Nov-2016
Details & documents (inc. Ballot Paper for Committee Election) are here
Voting is now open, and is ONLY by postal vote.
Send your completed vote early enough to arrive before deadline: 4:00 pm, Mon 31-Oct-2016.
Proxy forms: If you cannot attend meeting in person, Proxy Forms allow you to vote on motions at AGM. It is now getting late for using the post, but email is also possible and must arrive before deadline: 3:00 pm, Mon 31-Oct-2016.
- Committee Meeting 13-Sep — New President: George Skarbek
- On 13-Sep, Committee invited George Skarbek and John Swale to join Committee immediately — accepted & voted unanimously.
- George Skarbek was elected President, effective immediately and until Annual General Meeting (AGM 2-Nov).
- On 2-Nov at the AGM, all Committee positions are declared vacant, and are available for nomination & election (postal-vote).
- George has indicated his willingness to be nominated as President for the following year i.e. commencing 2-Nov.
- Special General Meeting (SGM): 7-Sep-2016. Result: John Bade removed as President and from Committee
- PDF CALENDAR: October-2016 — Special Interest Groups, Monthly Meeting, Holidays
- LIVE CALENDAR: (below) — Updated by Individual SIGs
- Committee Minutes & Financials: about - Login
- August-2016 Minutes now available
- July-2016 Financials now available
- Monthly Meeting:
- Office365 ProPlus offer: NEW — licence for up 15 computers or devices, inc. full versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher at a very attractive 12-month subscription price.
- Futures Meeting - Bill Ford's Report from meeting 26-Sep-2015
- PC Update: about - Login — newsletter/magazine
- October-2016 issue: available for download.
- November-2016 Issue: expected approx 1 November 2016
- SIG Meetings — recent important CHANGES to regular schedule (last update: 14-Mar-2016)
Google Chrome Users
If you see an "Error 400" message below, instead of the Live Calendar, open this page in an "incognito window" or, log out from your Google account.