The "Monthly Meeting" for all MelbPC is held on the first Wednesday of the month, excl. January.
Previous Monthly Meetings - Reports, Notices of previous meetings
- Videos of previous meetings - download, stream, or on discs.
Jun-2017 Monthly Meeting
- When: Wed 7-Jun-2017, 7:00pm to 9:30pm
- Presentations & Activities
- Questions & Answers (Q&A), followed by President's Report (George Skarbek)
- Presentation: Design, building and operation of a mechanical music organ - Bob Pease
- Bob Pease, a member of the Australian Mechanical Organ Society will give a presentation on the design, building and operation of a mechanical music organ. These machines can be considered to be an early form of programmable music player. See how early technology is recreated using current CNC machining and design technology.
- Break — tea, coffee, chat
- Presentation: Dave Botherway will talk about NBN - What ? When ? Cost ?
- The National Broadband Network is now rolling out across Australia and will affect us all. Dave will explain what's happening, connection methods available and how to find out when your area will be ready. He will also cover the likely costs depending upon your planned usage of both voice and data.
- George Skarbek's latest in his series "What's New"
- Where: Melbourne PC User Group Headquarters, Level 1, Suite 26, 479 Warrigal Road, Moorabbin.
- For first-timers, building access can be tricky, but it is easy with our guide at Contact Us.
- Video of the meeting will be streamed & recorded
- Raffle: Monthly raffle: to be advised
- Raffle Tickets will be on sale at the door, or tickets may be pre-purchased by contacting the MelbPC Office, ph: (03)9276-4000.
After the meeting – supper or coffee – WAFFLE @ Fongs
- Following the Monthly Meeting, join us at the WAFFLE (Wine And Fine Food Lovers Event).
- Location: Fong's Chinese Restaurant, 725 Centre Rd, Bentleigh East.
(Cnr of Francesco St.) Melway 77 J1.
- How-to-get-there sketch maps are available at the Monthly Meeting.
- BYO and licensed. Budget supper get-together. Patrons are welcome, even if only for coffee.